The examples will showcase the different uses of the Apache Baremaps toolkits. To run the examples you need to clone or download (opens in a new tab) the main repository in order to have access to the files (opens in a new tab) that have been prepared for the examples.
git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:apache/incubator-baremaps.git
You should have completed the Installation Guide before running the examples.
For the creation of custom vector tiles you can follow these guides:
- The OpenStreetMap example is a good introduction to Baremaps, it shows how to produce high resolution vector tiles.
- The NaturalEarth example shows how to produce low resolution vector tiles.
- The Contour example shows how to produce contour lines from a digital elevation model.
- The Extrusion example shows how to import OSM data into postgis and use the MVT specification to extrude the vectors into 3d.
For the creation of an IP to location service follow this guide:
- The IP to location example shows how to create and serve an IP to location service in a simple web application.
If you want to work on Geocoding there is this example:
- The Geocoding example shows how to create and serve a geocoding service in a simple web application.
Developers who want to execute the code, should refer to the developer manual:
- The Developer Manual aims at helping developers to execute the code, understand the structure and contribute to the project.